CPA firms now more than ever must stay up to date with their technology to meet the demands of their clients and their businesses during tax season. Smooth workflows, communications to clients, security, and working tax prep software and apps can make or break your tax season. We’ve put together a CPA tax season technology checklist to help your firm prepare your technology for your busiest season.
During tax season, your CPA firm should have the following technology in place:
- Secure, on-site, or remote access to your tax prep, return software, practice management system, and client data.
- A secure file-sharing and collaboration platform to share documents with clients and team members.
- A secure and compliant email system for communication with clients and other professionals.
- A backup and disaster recovery plan to protect data and ensure business continuity in case of an emergency.
- Strong cybersecurity measures such as firewalls, antivirus software, multi-factor authentication, user awareness training, and encryption to protect against cyber threats.
- A virtual meeting software like Zoom to conduct virtual consultations with clients.
- A time tracking software to track billable hours and employee time.
Working with an IT Partner that understands the criticality of tax season and proactively ensures your technology is up to date and optimized for performance before problems arise. Having an IT partner with expert industry knowledge and top-tier support that manages the technology headaches for you allows you to focus on what matters most; your clients.