Meet Victor Chambers — our Senior Systems Engineer. The Calyx team knows him as a reliable leader with a rock-solid work ethic. Our customers know him as one to trust when they need responsive support and peace of mind. See a few of their raving reviews in Word on the Street below.
What / Who inspires you?
My grandfather was not an educated man, and in fact, he struggled with reading. However, this didn’t keep him from teaching himself and learning things like long-range radios, morse code, and how to use a Commodore 64. He not only piqued my interest in technology but showed me you can do anything you put your mind to. My parents were also a large inspiration in my life. They showed me that your starting point in life, or how many times you stumble on your journey, does not matter. You can always achieve your goals.
How do you spend your free time?
I spend time playing with my dogs (Siberian Huskies), watching football (Go Browns), working on my Jeep, and time at the shooting range. I also spend a lot of my free time looking into new technology or changes in current technology. I have a home lab where I spend hours upon hours building things, breaking things, fixing things, and repeating those steps.
One of these days I would like to visit Alaska and Dublin, Ireland.
Word on the Street
- Victor is outstanding. His ability to communicate difficult IT situations is always clear and comprehensible.
- Victor’s ability to explain, his patience, and his attention to detail is exemplary.
- Victor Chambers always goes out of his way to explain the why’s and how’s of any of my questions. He’s been a great source of knowledge for me.
- Victor responded immediately to our emergency ticket request and got our employee back up and running. Thank you!!!
- Victor is above and beyond remarkable. No issue has ever set him back more than a minute or two. This young man is a genius. Treat him well!