If you’re looking to start the next chapter of your career, join us and help make the impossible possible.
Calyx is growing and we’re on the hunt for great people for our sales team, development group, and incredible support staff.
Even if we don’t have the perfect position available today, email us a resume.
Business Development Manager
We’re on the hunt for a self-motivated, highly driven individual to sell services to existing clients and actively recruit new ones. From gathering input about a prospect’s unmet needs to creating price quotes and contracts, you’ll collaborate with the rest of the Calyx team to...
Type of Position: Full Time
Reports To: Tom Clause, Director of Sales
Location: 26202 Detroit Road, Suite 100-C, Westlake, OH 44145
- Locate, contact, and develop relationships with prospects in Northeast Ohio; Define, negotiate and close sales.
- Contact prospects to determine who key buying personnel are, whether they use the products we sell, and accurately enter information into customer data base.
- Sell to and through all levels of organizations, including top executives (CEO, COO, CFO), IT executives or personnel, and office managers.
- Match Calyx’s products and solutions to solve the prospect’s problems by clearly explaining the direct value and/or benefit; Conduct sales presentations and solution demonstrations.
- Coordinate necessary presales technical activities between prospect and Calyx system engineers.
- Identify sales opportunities with new and existing customers.
- Create monthly pipeline sales activity reports to share with direct report.
- Protect Calyx intellectual property by keeping information confidential.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Good typing skills – 30 words per minute or more.
- Considerable local travel within Cleveland, Akron and Columbus metro areas; Occasional regional or national travel may be required.
- Utilize Salesforce CRM software to maintain detailed records of sales efforts and activities.
- Utilize Connectwise Sell quote automation software to generate all customer sales quotes.
- Participate in continual product sales training (self-paced online, and in-person workshops).
- Sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement and Non-Solicitation Agreement.
- 3+ years of prior experience and Bachelor’s degree or higher helpful, but not required.
- High ethics and morals with ability to earn customer’s trust and respect
- Inherent customer service centric focus with innate desire to solve problems and sell value
- Neutral autonomy, comfortable and effective in both team environments and individual settings
- Entrepreneurial mindset: Self-starter that thinks outside the box and works with tools at hand
- Excellent communication skills both written, in-person, and via phone
- Coachable: Takes direction well and applies new knowledge for continual improvement
- Competitive spirit: Has a strong desire to win
- Enthusiastic: Shows passion, excitement, or enjoyment within primary functions of the role
- Excellent time management skills and ability to self-prioritize
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Four reasons to join Calyx
The kind that positively impacts businesses and the humans behind them.
With a fun-loving, rule-bending, “all-in” attitude that’s contagious.
Walk Our Talk
We don’t just say it, we do it.
We know who we are – and we know where we’re going.
Great workplaces for top talent.
Honored to be among the Northcoast’s top employers.